2021 Essay Contest
$1000 SCHOLARSHIP for the WINNING ESSAY
Write an essay of 1000 – 1500 words, based on the topic:
“What Challenges & Opportunities has the COVID-19 pandemic presented for Unions?”
• Choose a specific union and discuss how it has been affected, negatively and/or positively by the pandemic, considering issues like day to day operations, bargaining to improve benefits for the members of the union etc.
• Discuss how your community and society as a whole may be impacted by the union’s responses to the pandemic.
To Be Eligible the Applicant Must:
1) Be a grade 12 graduate of a Central Alberta High School.
2) Be a full time student attending a post-secondary institution.
3) Provide confirmation of registration in a post-secondary degree or diploma program at a recognized university or community college.
4) Provide a copy of the statement from the institute indicating courses for each semester and a copy of the class schedule.
5) Provide a copy of the receipt indicating payment of tuition.
Please submit essays to [email protected] or #102, 4730A – 50 St. Red Deer, AB T4N 1X2
Please note: Essays submitted become the property of the RDDLC and may be used in future materials.